We are looking for a UX Designer. Is that you?
Our agency has developed national campaigns to help prevent the spread of HIV, prevent dating violence, and reduce teen drinking; we’ve won numerous national Emmy Awards for the production of nationally-broadcast documentary films; we’ve built emotionally engaging web and mobile experiences to help prevent the incidence of concussion and Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) in youth sports – and much, much more. If you’re a UX and Visual Designer looking to be part of a talented team and apply your skills across one of the most challenging and rewarding client and topic lists in the industry – and want to start creating ‘change for good’– then it’s time to come to Banyan. From websites and custom applications to interactive data visualization and online training, you and the Banyan Design team will be given the opportunity to stretch the boundaries of digital and integrated creative with the goal of positively impacting millions of lives.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
You should be well-versed in design thinking and human-centered methodologies, as well as information design, and are inseparable from your sketchbook. You have hands-on experience developing creative concepts and user experiences through prototyping, testing, and delivery. You’re attracted to complex problems and driven to create assets that inspire beauty, delight and harmony. You’re looking for a hands-on position, but ready to motivate those around you. You want to become an integral part of something that is growing, inspiring and challenging.
As the UX Designer at Banyan, you will:
• leverage your hands-on experience and design perspective to help elevate Banyan’s design direction, vision, and methodology
• contribute to a growing, multidisciplinary team of design resources
• work closely with Banyan’s clients and our strategic, resource, content, media, and engineering teams to translate project goals into a broad range of innovative, engaging interactive experiences
• lead the creation of wireframes, prototypes, style-guides, mockups, and design assets
• contribute to the development of the creative team’s skill-set, culture and quality standards
• develop and deliver client presentations, and contribute to Banyan’s branding, marketing, and proposal development
• collaborate with Banyan’s Senior Leadership and Business Development teams to help identify and pursue new opportunities
• 3-5 years of design and UX experience, with 2+ years in an agency or client-oriented environment
• Strong understanding of interaction design, site architecture, and designing intuitive user interfaces and navigation
• Self-motivated, organized and accountable
• Passion for design and eagerness to collaborate with other creative professionals
• Strong creative/design portfolio
• Proficient in all creative software packages
• Strong communication skills, including ability to present concepts and rationale to project teams and clients
• Experience in data viz, digital marketing, video storytelling, illustration, animation, and/or print are huge pluses
Located in St. Louis and Atlanta, Banyan is an agency that focuses on ‘creating change for good.’ Even though we’ve created over 20 years of award-winning campaigns, documentary films, successful campaign strategies, engaging websites and ground-breaking online training – our first goal is always to inform and enhance the human experience in an effort to reach out to others. We’re a very close-knit group of talented humans who love nothing more than producing work that we are all proud of, that provides solutions to our audiences and our clients, and that touches people both intellectually and emotionally.
At our core we are insights-driven and use data and research to focus our messaging, and then utilize ‘story’ as a way to educate and motivate our audiences. We promise that you’ll never be bored at Banyan – but you will be passionate, proud and motivated in your work. We offer a robust employee benefits package, including a liberal work-from-home policy as well as ‘unlimited’ vacation.
Interested? Give us a shout: firstname.lastname@example.org
At Banyan ‘creating change for good’ is more than a tagline – it’s what makes us who we are.